
Today is our 6th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, Anthony is working today but we did get to go out last night & celebrate. On our way out to dinner, Anthony said it seemed like we just got married. I told him that I could honestly say that when we were merely accumulating education, cars, vacation pictures, furniture, etc. Now that we are in the process of adding other PEOPLE to the mix it seems like we've been married at least six years! Here is the oldest picture I could find of us on this computer. There are wedding pictures on the one upstairs, but I think I posted them on last year's anniversary anyway. This one is from our first Christmas married (I think!) All of my pictures from when we were dating would have to be scanned & our scanner is broken. They have to be scanned because neither of us owned or even aspired to own a digital camera at the time! Wow...how life has changed!
I compiled a pretty uneventful mix of video clips I've taken of Addie this month. It's been a long month indoors. Even though there are places to go when the weather is bad, it's either been too cold even to walk from the car to a building or she's been sick, other kids have been sick, or I've been sick. So...I've totally thrown all my parenting rules to the dogs and there has been a LOT of TV. There has also been plenty of other original stuff like water painting, finger painting, coloring, parties for no reason, beading, playing in the clean laundry that mom is trying to fold, stickers, magnet books, puzzles and lot of singing and dancing. It just seems like there's been more TV on than ever too. In part of this video you can see we have also done some fort constructing which Addie loves.
In other news, Addie's recent entry to nursery at church has truly changed our Sundays. She absolutely loves it and is so happy on Sunday because of it. She's also getting relatively social which is fun to watch. Today when she saw her friend Grace, for the first time without me prompting her she waved and said "Hi Grace!" It was pretty cute to see the girls greet each other. Grace immediately pointed to Addie's shoes and they commenced in comparing their black Mary Jane shoes. Priceless!


7 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I totally know what you mean about being indoors and having the TV on way more than you want it on! I'm so sick of the cold, and NO I did not forget that my winter CAN NOT compare to yours :) I'm still sick of it!
I love it when she has her legs propped up on her chair like a lazy old man.
Yeah!! A new post! Congratulations on 6 years! That's awesome! I am so thankful that you are in our family and you are a great sister in law. Hopefully the snow melts soon, I don't want you guys going insane. Addie is so cute and we love watching the videos. Take it easy and give Addie big hugs for me and Maggie.
Has it really been 6 years? Wow . . . I remember your wedding day VERY well! It was so much fun and you were beautiful! I have this great picture of the two of you that day - Anthony is kissing your cheek and you are making a funny face with your nose all schrunch up . . . So much has changed in just six little years! Addie is such a blessing and now you are about to be the mommy of two! Are you ready? :-)
Congrats! I love me some Addie! She is too funny. At first I was trying to figure out if she was watching Charlotte's Web or Emma's b-day video. How funny! Emma love's to watch to watch miss Addie and Jane too!
Happy Anniversary!! Love the video!!! The pony tails and beads are great!!
I love that she cries for her babies cries when she is playing with dolls! And I am very jealous that Addie will actually sit in front of a TV. Porter would never do that. He might look for a minute and then walk away... All of my kids were that way... I bet that will come in handy with a new baby!
Post a Comment