Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Let Me Count The Ways

Ever since we really committed to moving to Texas, I've been taking in the North Carolina scenery just a little bit more. The abundant greenery, the flowering shrubs, beautiful white and pink dogwoods all over the place...great weather...

An image I've strangely seen multiple times passed me on the way home today.

One of these:


with one of these in the backseat:


Maybe I'll get lucky and get an actual photo before we leave. There is a baby blue one and a white one with a red stripe here in town. The "Safety Kid" in me of course thinks it's insane that anyone would ride around with their kid like that. However, I love that while the rest of the world is embracing the "responsible" green, eco-friendly mentality of strapping your helmet wearing kids into a tin can capable of being pummeled by a mere Honda Accord, someone is simply thinking for themselves. Agree? No. But, I do love the south and their attitude.

1 comment:

Shaela said...

To each his own...