Sunday, August 08, 2010

More Cousins!

Mike and Shaela came to visit us this week and we had so, so, so much fun! Addie and Jack had a great time with their cousins and the adults had some fun too. While Shaela and I were getting a mani-pedi, this super cute picture showed up on our phones. Mike and Anthony took the kids to Home Depot to make school bus pencil boxes. Oh the cuteness. We annoyed everyone at the salon with our pictures. Jack and Porter crack me up in this picture.

We went to the Dallas World Aquarium one afternoon, followed by dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse in the West End. Our group was too big for dinner in the train caboose so we ate in a big brass canopy bed with a mirror in the ceiling. The kids loved it!
Porter with a turtle. This kid is so stinking cute I just love him!
My pictures from the aquarium weren't great but I got a few to document we were there.

Porter, Katelyn, Jack, Adeline, and Matthew. We also rented a boat and a wave runner for an afternoon. Fun for the kids, fun for the parents.
I even got to chill and soak up a few rays. Each adult took a turn on the wave runner. We cruised around for a bit, then docked at The Harbor and went in to Gloria's for some yummy Tex-Mex/El Salvadorian food.

Jack went totally nuts over the wave runner. He had two turns. I thought he was going to jump off of the boat from excitement. The second ride had to be cut short because he kept pushing the "stop" button while Anthony was trying to accelerate. What can I say, he's a boy. Buttons are irresistible to little boys. Katie and Shaela riding the waves.

Cute boy, aaaagain.

Matthew tubing. He got the short end of the stick with the wave runner and had to ride with chicken Aunt Julie. I was too scared to let him drive, too scared to go too fast, etc. He was so sweet about it though. Good sport. He's five years older than Addie, but he still took the time to play with my kids.
We had a great time and feel like we took our own little mini-vacation! Tomorrow already sounds boring compared to the past few days. :)

No comments: