After the first day of school, I asked Addie if she would just stay home with me instead of going to school. She smiled and hugged me and explained that she had work to do. I promised I could teach her numbers and letters just as well as Mrs. Beth, but she still insisted. She was very sympathetic with me, patting me on the shoulder as she explained. Oh, I do love her.
On the other hand, this little man may never get to go to preschool.
He's so happy just quietly playing with his cars wherever I am. He snuggles me just about any time and loves to read books. Serena gave him a 12 inch Curious George stuffed animal for his birthday. We had a little 6 inch one already, so lately he's been reenacting the book Hug by Jez Alborough with the "Mommy" and the "Bobo" Curious Georges. Complete with crying and eye rubbing.
The year is off to a great start and it is nice to have a little rhythm in our week again. Now if we could just get a tall order of fall weather...


1 comment:
I miss talking with you. Addie is so sweet. And there's nothing better than cuddling the little guy. I need to call and catch up.
Post a Comment