There were eight little girls, including Addie, which was a great number for having fun. We had two craft stations set up. One station had a blank canvas for the girls to glue a pre-cut leotard on. Then we painted their hands with pink and purple paint and they made a tutu for the leotard with their hands and decorated with ribbon and rhinestones. It was a big hit with the girls and they turned out really cute. Addie's is hanging on her wall now. The other station was bracelet making. I found some ballet charms on Etsy.com so each girl got to pick a charm and then create their beaded bracelet. All of their bracelets were really cute.

After they wrapped up their crafts, it was dancing time! Two of the local ballet company ballerinas came and gave the girls a dance lesson. I was surprised at how cute it was. I was a little afraid that some of the girls would be shy or uncomfortable dancing in our living room, but they all dove in and just ate up the ballerinas in their beautiful costumes. They danced to several Disney Princess songs, which only added to their fun. The giggles and smiles were everywhere.

The party was over lunchtime on a Wednesday, so Anthony extended his lunch time so that he could be there. He even braved the hundreds of local Chick-fil-a supporters to pick up our food!
Millie was a champ. She hung out with Uncle Mike for most of the party.

We waited for our family gift opening until after dinner. The birthday girl chose the food, so we enjoyed macaroni and cheese for dinner. We gave her a Hello Kitty beginner watch that she was super excited about. It has numbers for the minute hand (10, 20, 30, etc.) so she's quickly figuring out how to tell time.
And the big, much awaited gift: an American Girl Doll. Wow, was she excited! We gave her Kit, hoping the hair will be manageable for a six year old. Everyone who sees the doll with Addie comments on how they look alike, which Addie loves. Apparently, she is the last child over the age of 3 in our zip code who did not have one of these yet. I had NO idea how big American Girl was. I told some of her friends' parents that she was getting Kit from us, so they sent AG accessories as gifts. Since she opened the gifts at the party, Addie was just beside herself that she didn't have a doll. "Mom, I think they think I have an American Girl Doll since all of them do. But all I have is Bitty Baby. Now you're really going to have to get me an American Girl Doll to go with this stuff!" Of course I retorted that she could use it all just fine with Bitty Baby. It kinda blew her mind.
It was a great day. I don't know how many huge hugs I got throughout the day. She just kept telling me thank you and that she loved her party and her birthday. I sure love this girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment