Thursday, April 10, 2008
April Showers, Snow, & Hail
It's raining cats and dogs outside today and there are rumors of snow and hail later so we are hanging out here in the barn! I'm not exactly going to be kicking and screaming on my way to North Carolina... It's was once a fun use of time indoors to chase Addie around with a camera and try to get a cute picture. Lately if she knows I am taking the picture, she frowns, turns her head away, and say "no" in her whiniest voice. So here is the best I can do today. It highlights her fabulously coordinated outfit that would normally indicate that we are doing something of interest with our day. Ironically, playing with the asparagus pot really sums the day up nicely.
Anthony and Addie had some bonding time alone (yes - without ME, solo, one on one) last night while I went out to dinner with friends. He is so good about trying to follow my routine! At bedtime he read her a book, they said prayers, then he turned off the light & they rocked while he attempted to sing to her like I do. Only, he said that every time he started singing that Addie would giggle. He'd stop, she'd stop, and then he'd try again but get interrupted by giggles. I thought this was so funny and sweet at the same time.
Addie just sat her toy dog in her chair and she's telling him to "stay there" over and over again. Imitation is NOT always the highest form of flattery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love the last comment about imitation... Emma will imitate the things you are embarrassed to admit you've said...like, "Its time to get nakey!!" (when its bath time) she now says it when things get quiet and she wants to shake things up a bit...nice...
oh, and I wanted to say...where do you get an asparagus pot? :)
Yeah the weather today was insane...since we're going apartment hunting this weekend in St.Louis it made me re-think about moving an attached garage from a nice feature to a must have!
Grace is also just as agreeable (or should I say disagreeable) when it comes to pictures.
It's crazy weather here too... bring on the sunny weather!
poor Tony-just trying to sing his girl some songs! Something tells me jane might giggle at luke the same way
Post a Comment