Well, we've enjoyed record snowfall as well as record cold temperatures here in Iowa this year and then just two weeks ago there was a record tornado that completely wiped out a town with its 100 mph winds. That wasn't enough though, now we're privileged enough to experience the worst flooding recorded in modern history. We seriously can't get out of here fast enough! Above is a photo of the south side of Iowa City.
This lovely picture is the sewer treatment plant that Anthony helped to sandbag. He's become quite the sandbagging expert during all of this. I'm thinking maybe I should have joined in...the baby might be here by now if I had! :)
This lovely picture is the sewer treatment plant that Anthony helped to sandbag. He's become quite the sandbagging expert during all of this. I'm thinking maybe I should have joined in...the baby might be here by now if I had! :)Yesterday morning there was still a chance that the remaining route to my hospital was going to flood. Anthony read on the hospital website that anyone needing to get across the river from our side of town to the hospital would need to be transported via a Black Hawk helicopter. He was like a child at Christmas just dreaming that all of this would fall into place and he could accompany his laboring wife to the hospital in a helicopter. I'm just sad baby didn't come, but I can't say I'm disappointed to have missed the helicopter ride during labor.


2 comments:
OH My Gosh!!! Julie, please get to the hospital so you aren't stranded! If I see you in a tree on CNN holding Jack, I am going to die. Keep us posted!
I don't know who to side with about the helicopter. I would totally love to ride in one, but I just don't think I could enjoy the experience during the height of labor! Good luck with flooding and baby. We hope all goes well.
Post a Comment