Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Favorites

Here are just a few of my favorite conversations/moments during this pregnancy. Hopefully we'll be having a grand finale sometime between now and Monday? Hopefully...

Conversation with Addie (39 weeks)

Addie: (Pointing to my stomach) Mommy's Jack!

Me: Yes! That's right...You are so smart...

Addie: (Pointing to her stomach) Addie's Jack!

Me: Hmmm

Conversation with My Doctor (28-29 weeks)

Me: I didn't know that could happen when you were pregnant!

Dr: Yeah, it happens to a lot of women.

Me: When will it go away?

Dr: I'm not sure really.

Me: How do I keep it from getting worse?

Dr: There's really nothing you can do.

Me: GREAT!!!

Conversation with Anthony (33-34 weeks)

Anthony: You look GREAT!

Me: Huh?

Before I can produce a dignified, gracious thank you...

Anthony: I mean, considering...

Me: That's what I thought. :)

Conversation with Large Black Man Working at Jimmy Johns (39 weeks)

Me: Hi, can I get a #1 easy on the mayo?

JJ Man: Girl, you better get that baby outta you!

Me: Thanks, I'm working on it. :)

Conversation(s) I wished I'd done differently (30 PLUS weeks)

Someone I hardly know that I've been talking to for at least 15 minutes...usually at a park or play area: So, are you expecting?

Me: No, I'm just pear shaped.

People Aside from Anthony, Addie, and My Doctor To Pat My Tummy:

ZERO

What can I say, it pays to be unapproachable!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

What were you discussing with your doc that he can't help and there's nothing to make it better?
I love the Jimmy Jacks guy. I can literally hear it in my head.
Hopefully Jack Jack makes it here sooner than later! It would be nice to be fully recovered before you have to move.
Although I am glad we're not there during this terrible year of weather there in Iowa.

Serena said...

I love the black lady's comment. Classic. That really made a good start to my day. Love it!

Lori said...

You are funny . . .you could teach a class on how to NOT get your belly rubbed during pregnancy. Millions in the making. Everyone at my work wanted to touch me all the time when I was pregnant! Crazy people!

Good luck with baby Jack! Can't wait to see some pictures.

BandHGardner said...

Hilarious post. I can TOTALLY see the Anthony conversation. Oh Berg.

Puh-lease teach me how to keep people from touching the belly. It's a fear of mine. Why do strangers think it's ok?

Melissa Wilson said...

I love the post...you are so funny!