No, I'm not talking about Social Security. This blog is going private in a few weeks. I've toyed with the idea for a while. My blog is set up so that the only way to get to it is by actually typing in the address or clicking on a link. I was fairly content with that form of privacy because it's allowed me to be "found" by so many friends just by clicking through from mutual friend blogs. I thought I'd put things to the test this weekend and see if I was really ducking all of the search engines out there and I failed the test.
FYI, not everyone will fail such a test. My blog specifically shows up on many "lists" out there because of the wide variety of topics I choose. Celebrity names, politicians (aren't those two same these days?), YouTube video, and other various random topics I cover have flagged my blog. It may be impossible for me to actually stick to simply talking about the exciting day to day routine of our life and I've already done the damage with my other posts. I've avoided going private because then it won't work with various readers (to my knowledge/experience - if anyone knows how, please tell me!)
So...I hope this will not lose my audience. Blogging is really fun for me as a stay at home mom. I love getting feedback. It's almost like conversation. :)
I've changed my comments setting so that all comments will be emailed to me prior to being posted here, so please send me your email address if you think I don't have it so that I can send you an invite. I'll just delete the comment so your address is not listed for all. If you are a friendly blog stalker who loves the unpredictability of my topics (holidays, potty training, politics, religion, etc.) just send me your email anyway! I hope I will hear from all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good luck with privatization.. :) I think it is kind of cool that your blog shows up so many places... Its a sign that you have a great blog!
Post a Comment