Sunday, June 21, 2009

Love For a Dad


I'm blessed to have many great fathers in my life.
Today I'd like to focus on my own dad.

I'm blessed to have a dad who gave and still gives everything he has.
One of my favorite memories of him is when he would say his nighttime prayers beside my bed while I was asleep. I consider myself a lucky girl to have awoken to such an image. Praying beside my babies' beds is a footstep I feel privileged to follow in.

Dad taught me that most everything can be fixed, from cars, to hearts, to lives.
It's all about knowing who to ask for help.

Today I count him as my friend, but he'll always be my Dad.
He urges me to reach for the sky, to push myself and be better. He reminds me of my blessings, loves my children, and councils with me often.
Dad has faith in me, but reminds me who I should have faith in.
Today I share my love for a Dad who is responsible for so much richness in my life.

Happy Fathers' Day!

No comments: