This is not an ode. I can't do an ode to Michael Jackson due to his extreme weirdness. However, his music certainly defines a part of my life. In kindergarten, I distinctively recall making construction paper "gloves" - one white side, one black, with the finger tips cute off - for our performance of "ABC".
He was responsible for the popularity of such phenomenons as red leather, parachute pants, collar length Jerry curls (that's the most official name I could find! Anthony said "black mullet" was not allowed), and mirrored aviator glasses (almost as cool as yours, Dave). I had a crush on many a scrawny white boy in school who worked the Michael Jackson do. I also might have performed a few "concerts" of his music in front of my mirror. Maybe. It was a long time ago so I can't be sure.
Some of my favorite songs from the King of Pop:
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror
Heal The World
Good stuff - I may need to revisit my elementary school memories in the form of a new running playlist this week...


4 comments:
haha! I think we all have some of our own favorite MJ moments. My favorite one is when I was in college and I had an outrageous roommate who would dance to man in the mirror and be absolutely hilarious! I think we all feel ambivalent about him...am I right?
Michael, I love you.
Ambivalent is a good word.
I wish I still had my Thriller record! I loved that record. Just listening to it made me cooler.
Post a Comment