Monday, August 17, 2009

Sharing the Spotlight

I found this picture just now as I was looking through about a month's worth of unposted/unblogged/unused pictures. This picture symbolizes one of the major reasons Addie is in preschool two days a week - so that Jack can get some attention. There are other reasons that concern her own well being, but Jack needs some time.



What is this, you ask? Upon seeing me try to take a picture of Jack, Addie generally rushes in front of the camera. This time, I caught it. The result: Addie's head on Jack's body.

She comes by it naturally, of course. I mean, how does a child see themselves correctly when you spend the entire morning talking about and getting ready for a one hour ballet/tap class? Poor Jack was practically falling asleep as he walked circles around me packing things up to go. Naturally, all of this craziness had to include a photograph to document.

Me: Addie, let me take your picture.

Jack: Maaaaaaaah!

Me: Okay, you can strike a pose if you want, but you have to stop moving. Be still, but look like you're dancing (are these words REALLY coming out of my mouth??).

Jack is now stopping to squat, place his face in the carpet, and sob a little.

Me: Okay, just sit down so I can get a non-fuzzy picture for Daddy.

Addie: *whimper*

Jack is at my feet, tugging on my shirt, rubbing his face on my leg.

Me: SMILE like you're happy!!!!

Last but not least, our fearless leader (a.k.a. Berg) started his first job today. Yes folks, my husband entered the workforce today. He will officially be working for pay ABOVE the minimum legal hourly wage. AND - get this - he can see the building he works in as he gets out of his car. At the same time I mean. No bus. No long, long walk uphill both ways in -30 F temperatures wearing thermals, 2 pair of scrubs, and ski pants. Happy day!

8 comments:

Vickie said...

AH........... family life! And you do such a great job of sharing it all with us. Thanks for the humorous updates. Keep them coming

Melissa Wilson said...

LOL, i love the pics! I think I only got one of Emma in her ballet gear that I like and it isn't even that great...as for Anthony, congrats, what a great day!

BandHGardner said...

Funny post!

Congrats, Berg!

Waisath Family said...

...And he looks soo happy to be going to work! Congratulations Anthony!!

Mary Ann said...

I love the pictures and comments. That is the story of poor Jane's life- watching while I take care of Sam.
And congratulations to Anthony (and you too) for starting his new job! How exciting!
I hope everything's going great!

karen said...

it's a good feeling, isn't it? to be able to pay off debt instead of incurring it, that is.
congratulations to you guys.

your photo shoot dialogue was entertaining to say the least...

hope you guys are well!

Shaela said...

Yay! Work that pays more than minimum wage is always good. What is that like???
I want to see your house... can you post some pictures?

Lauren said...

Boy does that sound familiar! Ryan starts preschool next week and I think I ma just as excited as he is!