Saturday, November 14, 2009

Shopping 101: 2009 Version

I went out on Thursday night in search of a dress for the Holiday party Anthony's work is hosting this year. It was a last minute outing, so I was on my own. I was struggling to make a decision, so I did the only logical thing: take a picture of myself and send it to my mom, sister, and sister-in-law.
After confirmations of my good decision, Serena calls me to discuss shoe options. She immediately starts emailing me links to different shoes she's found at the store I'm in. So I pick one and show it to the sales associate in the shoe department.

The shoe she emailed me was online only, so they brought out a few different ones. I snap a picture of this one and send it back to Serena.

She confirms, I'm happy, my mission is accomplished. On the way home Serena says, "Thanks for taking me shopping with you tonight! I really needed a girls' outing!" I am in Dallas, she is in Houston. Technology is a beautiful thing!

*I promise NOT to make the strange face in the picture above when we go to the party.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

GREAT post. I love it!

BandHGardner said...

Sounds like fun! Good picks, girls.

Wendell said...

That is totally awesome! Hopefully we will see pics of the complete outfit?

- Jamie

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Love the shoes, love the dress...what a great idea!

Lea said...

I have the hardest time making a decision about clothes when I'm shopping solo. I never thought of the pic idea, way to go!

Mary Ann said...

That's so funny! And a good idea. :)