Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This Thanksgiving the Wilson, Berg, Brenner, and Gardner families were at our house, and what a time we had! Thursday night we had nine adults and nine children under one roof - 6 of them in cribs! It was so much fun, but so crazy that I feel like it flew by!


We cooked and cooked and cooked...
(I love how it looks like I'm bossing people around in this picture...like THAT would ever happen!?)

Then we feasted. Apparently everyone ate too many appetizers prior to the feast though, because 75% of the food we cooked was still untouched after the feast! It was good though, even for someone like me know cares very little for every Thanksgiving food other than the cranberries.
The highlight of the week: SuperNana rented a Disney Princess bounce house. The kids bounced all the time! It was great. Both mornings that we had it there was at least one child out on it before breakfast was over. Definitely a hit. Here they are on Friday morning in the Christmas jammies Nana and Pops bought for them.


I love this picture of Brooke - such a happy girl!
The beauty of the bounce house was tired children at the end of the day. That seemed to help them get over the fact that "bed" might be in a closet or on a floor. :)
Tired cousins snuggling.
Silly princesses at bath time. Every time I tried to take a picture Emma either looked away or made a crazy face. Reminds me of someone...oh yeah, her father!



*Sorry to disappoint, but I left the backside shots of our meager "Turkey Trot" ranks out. Melissa...that was some brilliant photography and I know you tried hard to take pictures that would make us all look 10 pounds lighter from the seat of your bicycle but they were still unusable. :)

2 comments:

Em said...

THANK you for not posting the trot pics. Whew. You think like me! And I forgot mom took that pic of you and I. I might be stealing it for my blog--first decent one of myself in a looong time. Perhaps I should try makeup and hair more often! :)

BandHGardner said...

It was SO MUCH FUN! Thank you for hosting. It was great to spend time with you guys and to finally meet all of the family. We miss all of you.