Our husbands loaded up a minivan of kids to come be there when we finished and maybe snap some pictures. Here's what we got - me looking the other way to see if my family made it.
Oh, here is one of many beauties from behind of me getting to the finish line. I'm wondering if Anthony thought lots of pictures from the backside would make me want to run again?
As soon as I did locate my kids, Jack began crying in inconsolably and wanted to be held. Holding 25 pounds is NOT very comfortable when you've just finished a race as you can see from my face. Jessica and I were not twins on purpose, but it was kind of fun to be matchy. I only wish from looking at this picture that I'd had the thought at 5 a.m. to put a little mascara on...what was I thinking...oh yeah, "it's 5 a.m. on a Saturday and you're about to run 13.1 miles!" :)
Just a sweet picture of my boy while we were stretching and snacking after he calmed down.

Me and my medal. Pretty fancy, no? I think this picture looks really pixelated, but it's actually just my crazy salty face. I was so salty it was disgusting. Dust was just flaking off of me.

Addie continues to tell me what a good job I did and that she's really proud of me. Pretty cute coming from a three year old. I think my ego can handle the boost too, so maybe she'll keep it up for a few days!


10 comments:
Congratulations, that is awesome!
You are so awesome! Great job! I bet you are feeling all kinds of wonderful about yourself right now! I wish we were there to cheer you on!
You almost make it look fun. Congrats on your time. I am seriously impressed. And you are SO skinny. You are lookin' GOOD! Miss you!
Way to go! Still not convinced it was fun:)
Julie you look awesome!! Congrats on your awesome time! And you kids are so cute as always!! Miss you all!!
Yeah! It sounds like you had a graet time. Love the humongo medal. :)
Good job, and you look amazing! Wish you were still in our running gang!
That is great, the time is really good, too! I have to say my favorite part is that Addie is so proud of you :) That's really cute!
Congrats, Julie! Are you ready for a full marathon now?? Hey, and you look great from behind-- You were running too fast for him to get you before you past!
congrats!
Post a Comment