I had a moment of clarity yesterday while I was trying to get Addie to clean up the monstrous mess she had created in the play room. As background, I am looking forward to being rid of a play room in my house. It is nothing but a room Addie goes into, messes up, and leaves to come stand under my feet. It's just a room that is constantly rotating between a neatness and total disaster, but she won't actually "play" in there because she hates being so far from me.
Mom: Addie, stop playing around and pick up your toys...NOW. (4th or 5th time asking)
Addie: Just a minute, I need to check something on my computer really quick.
The "computer" is of the Little Einstein variety and she was completely serious. I have a love/hate relationship with these moments. I love them because they are funny and make me smile when I'm otherwise annoyed. I hate them because they humble me as I realize she truly has no idea why mom is so annoyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment