I've only had two 2-year-olds, but I sure have enjoyed this age with both of them. Jack is so eager to communicate these days and he loves to do things himself. He's quite the climber and even though I hate climbing I sometimes quietly watch him because it's so fun to see him celebrate when he reaches his goal. He always lets out an energetic "yeah!" at the top.
Jack LOVES Curious George books, so we had a Curious George party for him with pizza, swimming, and an ice cream cake. We had just received our refrigerator that morning so I waited until just before dinner to take the cake over and put it in the freezer. It was still pretty soft when I pulled it out. Cutting it was crazy because it was melting so fast in the heat and then to top it off Jack wouldn't even touch it. I specifically did the ice cream cake because Jack does not like cake or bread, but does like ice cream. Stinker. Story of my life feeding Jack. He still managed to have red and yellow icing all over himself! He seemed so excited about the cake until he realized we were suppose to eat it.
The cars, planes, ambulances, and farm equipment he received from friends sent his little brain into overload. We didn't even bother opening his gifts from us for a few days just to let him recover from the excitement.
I know I've mentioned it before, but Jack is our clown. If he even suspects his actions will entertain, you better watch out. Here he is wearing the baby swim ring on his head. It's so funny to me watching the way he anticipates us laughing at him. He knows he's funny.
We feel so blessed to have Jack in our family. I can't imagine life without him!


1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish we could've been there. You pump me up to have a little boy.
Post a Comment