Sunday, August 01, 2010

Fancy Adeline Soiree

Adeline turned FOUR today! Yesterday we celebrated with a much anticipated Fancy Nancy birthday party. She has been so excited about this party for weeks. The party has been talked about endlessly, dreamed about, explained to any unsuspecting adult who would listen, and even prayed about. The expression on her face in this picture tells me it was worth all the work though! Addie has only had family birthday parties until now because we seem to always move a week or two before her birthday and she hasn't had any friends to party with. This year was the big year.

Here she is, ready to greet her guests.
She greeted each girl with a pink feather boa of her own. Then the girls went straight to decorating their tiaras.
After tiaras were done, we did makeovers with pink lip gloss, pink eyeshadow, and glitter powder. I think the girls were gone five minutes before Anthony was frantically vacuuming the new couch to rid it of glitter. We may be seeing glitter for a while!
The makeup was a HIT!
I loved this picture of the girls gathering around and the pleased look on Catrina's face as she looked in the mirror.
After makeovers, we went to the accessorizing station. We had stick on earrings (which I hadn't seen since elementary school!), bracelets, and very cheap pendants that the girls all loved. I look like I'm having way too much fun. :)
After everyone was full-on fancy, we gathered in the living room to read Fancy Nancy. Addie's cousin Maggie was super fancy.
Here's birthday girl during "story time."
Then the girls sat down for their fancy lunch: butterfly and flower shaped sandwiches with frilly toothpicks, purple chips, carrots, dip, and purple applesauce. Fancy Nancy loves purple.

One thing the girls flipped over was the plastic goblets. They all loved them and shockingly the pink Crystal Light didn't go everywhere.
Singing to the birthday girl.

I got this idea off of the internet...such a hit and so easy. The girls loved them and I thought they looked pretty on the table.
At last she opened presents, which I wasn't sure about with a crowd.
She was as gracious as I could expect her to be though and I think they all enjoyed it.
Since Jack just had a birthday 6 weeks ago, he didn't understand why he couldn't open any...that was a bit of a problem.
I loved this picture of them admiring Barbie. Jack has been playing with Barbie off and on all day today. My brother played with my Barbies from time to time though and they turned out pretty normal so I figure it's okay. :)In the end, I think we had a very Happy Birthday!
I love my Adeline to pieces!

3 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

I am so sad we weren't there! Happy Birthday Addie!

The Wife said...

What a fun birthday!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Looks like she had a great day! You have to share where on the internet you found those great ideas! Such a cute theme.