My older brother, Mike, and his family came to visit us during their spring break. We mostly chilled out and let the kids play around the house, but it was a great change of pace for us and I think they enjoyed the warmer weather than what they have in Utah. Jack had an ear infection while they were here, which also contributed to the slow down, but Matthew, Katie, and Porter are the easiest going kids I know so it was all good.
The one outing we did go on was to the Dallas Car Show at the convention center downtown. Matthew, Addie, and Jack were with us as we went around the show. Here the kids are playing on the longhorns outside of the convention center.

Jack and Matthew were in heaven!! Cars as far as they could see. We quickly made our way over to the luxury car section where Matthew explained all of the cars, like Bugati, to me that I'd never heard of. He did humor me by letting me check out the new Honda Odyssey before we went into the "cool" section. :)
I had to save some face from my minivan shopping, so I showed Matthew what I would drive if I weren't driving a minivan. And had $60,000 burning a hole in my pocket. And had zero concerns about the price of gas...yeah, I lost him again. Oh well, the QX56 is pretty to look at as I drive by it on the road.

Happy Matthew!

Here is how we otherwise entertained ourselves...Katie sunbathed on the driveway.

Matthew stole the laptop as often as possible while we were outside. He's so grown up I can't hardly believe it!! One day he asked me if he could do anything for me. I had him wash my car...so awesome. I'm thinking I need a 9 year old around the house...

Porter was happy with the water table. He's a champ...pretty much always happy and easy to please. There were many times I was in Jack's room reading him a book before he went to bed that Porter would slip in and snuggle with us. It's like he could hear the sound of a book being read! Sweet little boy.

We enjoyed having cousins here and look forward to making more memories with them after they move to TEXAS this summer. Yay!
The one outing we did go on was to the Dallas Car Show at the convention center downtown. Matthew, Addie, and Jack were with us as we went around the show. Here the kids are playing on the longhorns outside of the convention center.
Jack and Matthew were in heaven!! Cars as far as they could see. We quickly made our way over to the luxury car section where Matthew explained all of the cars, like Bugati, to me that I'd never heard of. He did humor me by letting me check out the new Honda Odyssey before we went into the "cool" section. :)
I had to save some face from my minivan shopping, so I showed Matthew what I would drive if I weren't driving a minivan. And had $60,000 burning a hole in my pocket. And had zero concerns about the price of gas...yeah, I lost him again. Oh well, the QX56 is pretty to look at as I drive by it on the road.
Happy Matthew!
Here is how we otherwise entertained ourselves...Katie sunbathed on the driveway.
Matthew stole the laptop as often as possible while we were outside. He's so grown up I can't hardly believe it!! One day he asked me if he could do anything for me. I had him wash my car...so awesome. I'm thinking I need a 9 year old around the house...
Porter was happy with the water table. He's a champ...pretty much always happy and easy to please. There were many times I was in Jack's room reading him a book before he went to bed that Porter would slip in and snuggle with us. It's like he could hear the sound of a book being read! Sweet little boy.
We enjoyed having cousins here and look forward to making more memories with them after they move to TEXAS this summer. Yay!


1 comment:
I highly recommend having a 9 year old around! I love mine.
Post a Comment