Happy Mother's Day to ME! Ahhhhh, after 28 Mother's Days of going to church and listening to everyone oooh and ahhh about moms, then give gifts to the moms (& sometimes the leftovers to the non-moms) I had my first Mother's Day. No complaints about the former really...It was always a good day full of reminiscence about my very cool mom, but it's also nice to have another day in the year to celebrate myself! (I've probably totally missed the point.)
At the doctor's appointment on Friday, some of the many questions they asked me about Addie included whether or not she clapped or waved goodbye yet. Since my answer was "no" I was concerned about this. On a side note, I leave the pediatrician's office most of the time feeling like I barely passed and I'm lucky their going to let me keep her. Anthony says this is because there are so many stupid people who have children that they have to run everyone through the works. Anyway, determined to not let my child fall behind we worked on both things Friday and Saturday. Sure enough, at lunch Addie started saying "hey" and waving non stop. Then, in the middle of sacrament meeting she decided she was ready to clap. It was pretty funny. We were just sitting there paying attention until Anthony noticed some commotion to our left. Turns out Addie was entertaining everyone. She'd clap for a while and then wave and say "hey." We had to try hard to hold in our nerdy excitement over her little achievement right there in the middle of the meeting.
She also started munching on Cheerios this weekend, which she loves. The faces she makes while she's trying to chew them are pretty funny so I had to post some.


2 comments:
I guess I am going to have to make you a list of the "milestones" that you should work on. Obviously once you start working on them, she catches on very fast.
Is she signing yet????
I'm sure she will be soon!yqzbdqng
When Emma was that age I did the same thing. How was I supposed to know she needed to know that already? She did the same thing as Addie--with those brilliant genes in the family they pick things up pretty quickly! Good work, Addie!
Post a Comment