Sunday, July 15, 2007

Brown Girls

 
 

Addie and I were matchy matchy today for church. Cheesy...yes, but I give myself some credit for doing it in brown and not pink. I have my limits. I saw this dress last week and just couldn't resist, but of course then I had to go find matching brown shoes for it. This morning when I got Addie ready for church Anthony was teasing me that Addie is my dress up doll. I didn't deny it, but of course she's much more than that! The dress up part is just a perk.

She's finally figured out how to "play" her toy piano, which makes Anthony so proud so I had to post a picture. Instead of just banging on the keys with her palms, she has now advanced to banging on the keys with her pointer fingers. There is a "card" that slides into the piano to tell it which songs to play. She use to just remove the card as fast as she could. Now she bangs on it for a while and then removes it. Progress!

We're on our own for most of this week. Anthony will be in L.A. and Lubbock. It seems so strange to me that those two towns are our big choices at the moment. To add to the mix, Lubbock is the higher "ranked" program...whatever that means. I don't think anyone outside of the world of Anesthesia would ever understand why he would choose to go to Texas Tech over UCLA and I know that nobody would understand why we would go to Lubbock over Santa Monica but we'll just have to see how the cards play out! Addie and I will be fine whether we're hanging out with Joe, Melissa, and Emma in Lubbock or shopping at Posh Baby on Rodeo Drive. I'm all about turning lemons into lemonade.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wendell said...

That's a great picture of Addie! Beautiful dress.

You can chase the prarie dogs in Lubbock and watch the parks flood. And don't forget those tortillas!

Texas Blad's said...

Love the dress and shoes! How soon will you guys know where you're going next?

Julie said...

I forgot about the flooding in Lubbock, but who could forget the tortillas after being hit with a few!

We could know where we are going any day now. Just have to get some offers and then make a decision. Hopefully we'll know in the next 4 weeks. :)

Unknown said...

how the heck does one get hit with a flying tortilla in Lubbock or ANYWHERE?!!

Don't worry I will be happy to make the decision for you.

Since you were already cheesy, I can do the same by telling you that you are a very lucky mom and there is nothing wrong with playing dress up with a live doll . I have done the same