Monday, July 30, 2007
Good Party, Bad Pictures
We hosted a "Going Away" party for Brent and Holly Gardner this past Saturday. They are moving to New York City this month & we are very sad to see them go. Every year at least one couple we are really good friends with moves so I guess I'm just going to stop making friends! Or, maybe I should get to be good friends with someone new and I'll be the person leaving this year...naaahhh.
The party was a hit. Holly was not surprised because I ended up having to confess my plans to her earlier in the week, but Brent was. He even believed Holly when she told him the 20 lb bag of ice they were bringing to our house was for making ice cream. What a good little liar. I tried some new burger toppings, which were quite a hit. I mixed creamy swiss cheese with blue cheese, which people could spread onto their bun. Then you add bacon, red onion, avocado, lettuce and tomato. I saw it on TV and seriously thought nobody would try it but Brent, Holly, and Anthony. Much to my surprise everyone tried it and loved it.
The Berg family (many of whom read my blog) prides itself in being experienced in the photography world. Thus, I thought I could give Anthony the task of taking pictures of the party. One good thing came out of this - now I know that I'm not the only person he takes horrible, unflattering photos of! Seriously, I think I could be shot for posting half of these because people either have food in their mouth, are talking and hovering over food, or there is a nice shot of their backside and let's face it - none of us are models. I'm pretty sure none of us have ever even been models so there should be no confusion. I guess in the future I will fulfill my hostess duty by saying hi to everyone as I get their attention for a photo, let them suck their guts in, clean out their teeth, and smile! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Julie,
I loved the pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. We wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment