Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Happy Birthday Addie
We have now had the official "First Birthday" event. Brent and Holly joined us for the festivities. We enjoyed Addie's favorite meal: spaghetti, peas, and bread. We also had cake, but of course Addie turned it down on account of watching her figure. She mostly had a good time and of course all of us enjoyed a reason to eat cake and ice cream. She got a little overwhelmed unwrapping the presents. It didn't help that it was right before bedtime, but it was still funny. In honor of Addie's birthday, here are a few facts about her little self:
Favorite Food: Cheese (she knows the sign for "more" and pretty much only uses it when she wants cheese)
Favorite Veggie: Peas
Favorite Fruit: Blueberries
Most Repeated Action: Pointing
Favorite Words: Momma, Dadda, & Yeah
Favorite Song: Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani
Clothing Size: 24 month
Favorite Toy: Cups...any kind and Animals
I don't know what I like most about Addie. There are just so many things! Like the fact that sometimes when I come in her room she gets excited and dives face first into her bed. Other times she just points at the bears on the shelf across the room and says "bea" over and over again. Or maybe it's listening to her hum while she plays. She constantly hums while she plays by herself and it's really the sweetest thing. Since turning her around in the car, sometimes she just waves and says "hi" over and over while you are driving to your destination. She also makes the strangest noise with her tongue. It's like she's rolling an "r" only at a really high pitch. Kinda sounds like a cricket. She didn't get that from me! I also love the way she dives head first into her bumper when it's time for bed. Addie had a babysitter a few weeks ago and I completely forgot to tell the sitter about the "dive" so I think it really blew her away when she set Addie in her bed and she faceplanted it into the corner. Funny girl. This year has been so fun just getting to know her. What a lucky mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Cute pics! Happy Birthday Addie!
Happy Birthday Addie! she is so sweet, such a great baby!! I love that you are so good at recording all the sweet things she does at this age, I forget so quick, they are always changing!
Happy birthday (very belated...) We love to see your sweet face and can't wait to see you again in person! Come visit us in L-town!
Post a Comment