"Romney will restore respect" (I did not come up with this title!)
In 1984 I re-elected Ronald Reagan. I was 6 years old, but I felt good about my decision to vote for him. He was already the U.S. president so I figured that was worth my vote. That title stooped to a level I never thought possible while I was in college, and the president was on my television describing the level of sexual relations he had with a White House intern.
Saturday, at the Ames straw poll, I will be casting my vote for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for president. I truly believe that if it is possible to restore respect, admiration, and loyalty to this once highly esteemed office he is the one who can do it. I'm looking for leadership, honesty, integrity and someone who believes in the kind of America I believe in.
As a taxpayer, I am weary of politicians in Washington getting nothing done because of differing views. It's time to start solving problems. Romney believes legislation should happen at the state level particularly on matters such as abortion. If anyone can balance our budget without raising taxes, he can. He recognizes that the war in Iraq is only a small part of a global war on Islamic extremism that must be taken seriously. He believes a strong American military and economy will secure peace for our children and us. He understands that socialized health care is not the way to promote quality health care.
For these reasons and many, many others he has my vote.
It was only fitting that a Hillary supporter was right next to me as well. I don't believe that any of my readers are Hillary supporters because I truly would not be friends with one. I seriously question the sanity of anyone who really thinks this woman will bring anything but demise to our country as president. I was going to include the Hillary write-in here, but it was really too annoying to be put on my blog. Sometimes I think the American public is more savvy about picking diet pills than they are leaders. It's like people believe that the President of the United States will make them wealthy, healthy, smarter, better looking, and completely at peace with themselves and the world around them.
I promise I will refrain from turning my blog into yet another political blog...there are plenty of those to go around.


No comments:
Post a Comment