Well here is my little Texas A&M Cheerleader. This is ironic on a few levels. For starters, Texas A&M doesn't actually have cheerleaders so it is interesting that the costume exists. Secondly, I have always made fun of my friends who were cheerleaders in high school so I guess I'm already eating my own words? :) I found it at Target in College Station a few months ago. It was a good deal and it would fit nicely under a warm coat for our fabulous Iowa weather so I took it.
Addie had a good time at two different Halloween parties this weekend. She really liked the second one which was geared towards younger children. We saw so many crazy costumes. People get so creative for Halloween. I think I just can't handle the competition so I just stick to black. One couple dressed up as the "American Gothic" painting...frame and all. We also had an entire family of M&M's (white tights included!) Billy Idol plus a wife a baby who both had matching punk hair. Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat were also there...just to name a few for you folks that might want to be cool next year.
All the Halloween "spirit" around and the parties reminding me of childhood things were the perfect prelude to hearing "Hangin Tough" by New Kids on the Block (NKOTB for those in the know) on our way home yesterday. I laughed so hard as I thought about how cool I thought that song was, how cute I thought Donny Wahlberg was, and how much I enjoyed sitting in the highest possible seats of Reunion Arena for their concert in the sixth grade with my friend Kinsey. I even remember the earplugs her mother was wearing to block out the screaming girls no doubt. All of my friends at school were so very jealous that I would get to see them "live." I was too young to even think anything of how bad the seats were. Ahh the perspective of an 11 year old.


No comments:
Post a Comment