Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Help Me Understand



Okay, so sometimes I post things asking for feedback and nobody humors me (like what Jane Austen heroin are you?) I REALLY need some help here understanding the world around me. Are people actually watching this show? Is it funny? I lacked the gene necessary to find the Geico commercials funny so there's just no way I am understanding that this has become a primetime show on a major network. The Neilsens are not polling me, that's for sure.

Here are some shows I have loved that seemed to have some real writing and acting credentials involved: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, October Road, What About Brian, and Notes from the Underbelly (not GREAT, but no cavemen present.) Someone help me understand why Caveman is on my TV and not one of these?? The reality shows were hard enough for me to take, and Deal or No Deal makes my head spin, but I'm truly at a loss.

8 comments:

Texas Blad's said...

I heard some random radio morning show talking about this Caveman show, they were taking bets on how many episodes it would last, they seemed to think it would last no more than 3 episodes- Has it done that yet? I have not seen it-Primetime TV just SUCKS!! Sorry but if I sit down and turn it on, I usually get irritated and turn it back off, unless it's Thursday. The OFFICE is it-

Julie said...

I haven't actually seen it either...just seen previews for it. You are right, at least The Office is still on, although I am suprised the network hasn't made a decision to replace it with something lame.

Lauren said...

I will admit we actually watched two whole minutes...So stupid. Is that really all they can come up with????

BandHGardner said...

It's so funny you posted about this, because I ran across it last night and watched it for about 5 minutes. It was so ridiculously bad, that I could not comprehend how in the world it got approved to run. It's definitely no Seinfield.

Holly

Melissa Wilson said...

OH MY GOSH! As I was reading your post, Emma ran over to me, pointed to the computer and yells, "Jesus, Jesus!" yikes....

Em said...

I'm finding Melissa's comment pretty humorous!

Carly said...

I tried to watch Cavemen for like 5 minutes and I thought I was going to kill myself. It was terrible (sorry to anyone who likes it)! I seems there are quite a few questionable shows on this season. You liked What About Brian? What ever happened to that show?

Melissa Lasley said...

Cavemen just isn't as funny as the commercials - even if you didn't get them. Morgan and I were both sad when they canceled Studio 60, and my secret pleasure was notes from the Underbelly. Now we mostly watch Heros and Lost (when it gets back).
Melissa Lasley