
Today was day 2 of 3 in Wisconsin Dells. Yesterday afternoon we went to the pool and I realized that the maternity swimsuit I thought was in good shape was NOT. So, first thing this morning I headed out in the -5 degree weather to try to find a swimsuit. All through the OUTDOOR outlet mall I walked, but to no avail. I seriously thought that I probably looked like the guys on "Dumb and Dumber" at the end of their long Mo-Ped ride to Aspen. If there was any bit of moisture on my face, it was definitely frozen. Even my Carmex was crystallizing. If I were going to live somewhere this cold, I might have to re-think my current position on drinking and cursing. As for the swimsuit, I eventually made it back to the resort and settled on a one piece just bigger than I would usually buy. With my 5 month pregnant stomach I just look like I have no self control.
As for Addie enjoying the trip...she LOVES everything about the resort except for the waterpark. She is so excited to run up and down the halls. She loves their children's room full of crayons and markers, with Disney movies playing in the background. She also thinks our room is really cool, especially the mirrors on the bathroom doors. Oh well, so much for seeing she and Anthony enjoy sliding down the slides together! She doesn't cry when we do the lazy river...so I guess that's cool. :) I really can't complain, seeing as I did the same thing to my parents untill I was like 12! Aside from Addie's reaction, I really recommend this place for anyone wanting a family getaway. The whole resort is really geared towards families and it's really a lot of fun.


7 comments:
How fun! Where are you exactly that you get an entire water park inside and heated? It sounds very warm.
I'm so glad you guys are having fun!! I love the picture of Addie 'lounging' at the pool with her arms behind her head! All she needs now is some sweet shades :)
cute! it looks like a lot of fun!
TAGGED: list 10 weird, random things about yourself, then tag 10 friends!
Looks fun and I love Addie's suit!I sooooooo wish we could have gone with you. Grace and Addie could have both been chicken together or maybe we could have used some peer pressure to get them to swim and try the slides. And at the very least we could have tag teamed watching the girls while the other couple went off for a few moments. We went to the North Liberty tot swim this morning instead...oh well.
What's the name of the resort you're at? I want to make a trip up there before we leave Iowa. Glad to hear you found a swimsuit, even though you froze!
We stayed at the Kalahari Resort and really liked it. I have also heard that the Wilderness Resort is nice too.
Post a Comment