I think it's been a month since Lori tagged me to post 10 random things about myself. Since LoVe is the theme of the week (yes, folks, Valentine's Day is in 3 days) I thought I'd add that these are random things I love. So, these items are in addition to the important things in my life like my family that you can assume I love. :)
1. I love to play almost any game, but number and word games have a special place in my heart. Maybe that's because I can play them BY MYSELF (poor Anthony tries to be patient, but he loathes my games.) Sudoku, Scrabble, and Boggle are some timeless favorites but I've enjoyed some Rook and Rummikub "fads" this year as well. Nothing puts me to sleep like playing my Nintendo DS Brainage Sudoku every night. My husband is so good to put up with me!
2. I love road trips with my husband. Addie is welcome to join, of course, but I really love a long car ride with Anthony. Something just comes over us and we have great conversation. We could spend hours of dead time together in the house and find other things to do, but get us in the car for a while and the conversation is great!
3. Throwing stuff away should be considered a hobby because I really love it. I have a particular love for it when I'm pregnant, but either way I seriously get a rush of adrenaline from taking multiple bags of stuff that use to take up space in my home to the trash.
4. Right now I'm loving that my Sunday nights from 8 to 10 p.m. are filled with the PBS Masterpiece Theater Jane Austen showcase. I loved authors like Jane Austen and Thomas Hardy a little too long before it was "trendy." In fact, to show off my what a nerd I am...I saw the parallels between "Clueless" and "Emma" when I first saw "Clueless." The rest of the highschool girls were just enjoying identifying themselves with Alicia Silverstone, but I had to go and take it to a whole different level. NERD.
5. I'm a Fox News junkie. I love Sean Hannity & seriously feel like I know him...probably because he seems like the only person on TV who shares my conservative political views. Now that the only two Republican candidates still in the race are actually my two least favorite, there is a little more balance in our home as I have lost the desire to pay attention to any of it. Maybe I'm in a political depression or something...it's all just very sad to me!
6. I love working up a good sweat. It's not just working out...I really love running or spinning until I'm soaked through with sweat. My sad pregnancy workouts don't really cut it for me, but something is better than nothing.
7. Instead of hating the necessary current expansion of my figure when I am pregnant, I am trying hard to be positive this time around. Some people simply gain a basketball tummy and then lose it, but I take pregnancy weight gain to a whole new "sorry I didn't recognize you" level (which I'm also trying to remedy this time around!) So hear goes: I love that it is only temporary and that it is really TOTALLY worth it.
8. I love decorating my home and then being done with it. I really enjoy the process, but I have also enjoyed having it look the same way for the past three years while I just kept it clean and organized. Maybe we move enough to keep things fresh and new. One day I suppose I'll start getting the redecorating bug, but for now I'll just continue doing #3 as my hobby and relocating for my big changes. I really can't think of the last time I bought anything for my house...maybe some dishtowels?
9. I love giving gifts, sending cards, throwing parties, etc. All of these things have pretty much become things of the past since having Addie which caused the loss of 60% of our income and 80% of my memory...but one day I'll get my act together again.
10. I love vanilla soymilk. I'm actually just out of things to say & was working on a shopping list so I thought my love of soymilk was random enough to finish off my list. Special K with red berries and vanilla soymilk...who needs ice cream??
I'll think of someone to tag tomorrow...so BEWARE! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good list Jules. I am proud to say that I think I knew all those things. YEAH! I guess that means we can be friends. :)
I am so with you on #5. I have no desire to even turn on the TV anymore. P.S. You look great by the way.
You're so cute. I love the little survey blogs, though I hate to do them, and rarely ever do.
p.s. I love a good sweat-fest too! :)
Post a Comment