Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Love My Girl



No interesting events going on this week...we're just plugging along through Anthony's LAST SICU rotation EVER. :) We won't be shedding tears over this one. I thought Addie was pretty cute in her little play dress on Saturday, so I took some pictures. She tolerated it fairly well. The HVAC vents on our main level are in the floor, so she loves to stand over them in this dress. The cold air fills up her dress and she shivers saying "cold!" She entertained herself getting on and off of the vent for quite a while the other day.

Other things Addie is up to: She loves to "help." Anytime I'm folding laundry or unloading the dishwasher she joins me to help. She just removes everything from the laundry basket as fast as she can, or the bottom rack of the dishwasher and hands it to me saying "I'm helping!" over and over again. It's a real trick to get things put away as fast as she hands them to me. The upside is that it all gets done very quickly so I guess in a way she really is helping. :)

In preparation for the new baby, she is also climbing into the SUV and up to her carseat all by herself and walking down the stairs holding on to the rail. We still have to work on not getting distracted at both tasks, but it's progress for now. She generally likes to take her time on each step and talk about where daddy is (daddy sleeping? daddy working?), whether she can play with her stroller, or where her hat like Julia's (her friend) is. It's a real problem when I have my hands full of grocery bags and I've had too much water to drink! Oh well. Good thing she's so stinking cute.

4 comments:

karen said...

Very adorable photo, dress, and little pram! Where did you get that, missy?

Melissa Wilson said...

I do love the dress! She is a doll and Emma would have such a fun time with her!

Carly said...

Cute pics! I love the full coverage bib. I need one of those for Laney because I hate being messy or getting her clothes dirty. Where did you find that little treasure? I'm not sure if Laney will ever want to dig in the dirt like Addie, she hates touching grass! Oh well, I guess that is a good thing.

BandHGardner said...

Congrats on your last SICU rotation, Berg! Free, free at last!

Holly