It's been a whirlwind here. Mostly good things though. Anthony has been to Texas twice for interviews while I've been here. Serena, Maggie, Jack and I flew to join him for one interview, so that was busy. We've seen lots of people, but missed many more. Sadly, our extra week here didn't help with that because I didn't want to get anyone sick.
In the middle of all the sickness this week, while I watch the news of stock market plunges, deflation predictions, bailouts, and terrorist-friendly presidential cabinet choices I see this:
I'm a stay at home mom. Most of what streams into my home on any given day comes from The Disney Channel or PBS (which evidently is a good source of information per one of these comments...I'll have to focus in on Elmo a little harder.) I did take political science in college, but it was summer school at Texas A&M University with a Drew Carey look-a-like professor in basketball shorts and a t-shirt. All I remember was that he called me out for studying Quantitative Analysis or sleeping during his lectures and I was totally shocked that he had even noticed me since I was in the highest, most obscure seat I could find.
I spend my days working hard to make my corner of the world something that will in turn make the world a better place. Lately, when I have the opportunity to lift my head up away from the family I'm focusing on and look around I'm just not impressed. Frankly, I'm a little discouraged. I feel like I should DO something about this, but I'm not sure what. I worked hard for a candidate I really believed in, but the uninformed voter shot him down. That's all I knew to do. Any suggestions for my stir crazy, community service, change the world needs? I guess it's just been one of those weeks!


3 comments:
Very interesting video. Granted, there was definitely some editing manipulations involved. However, it was extremely interesting and disheartening to hear the answers (or the lack of answers). It's just awful!
OH- and I couldn't believe that all those people thought the republicans currently have the majority in congress. Unbelievable.
kind of makes me sick...
on a slightly different, but kind of the same note: I was at work the other day talking with some co workers about some of Obama's policies. One of the things we were talking about was how Obama is going to extend the amount of time a person can be on welfare. Apparently there was a news clip of a woman praising Obama and exclaiming with much joy that now she would never have to work again! Nice!
Post a Comment