A storm came through on Sunday night and turned our nice green lawn into a winter wonderland. The upside was that, unlike Iowa where it's cloudy and 10 degrees on such days, it was sunny and 30 degrees so we could actually go outside and play in it! So fun. The downside...our neighborhood has issues with anything that reaches the magnitude of storm. Not major storm. Not national disaster. Just regular storm. So at 2 a.m. I woke up to the power going out. It was 13 that night...not so great. So, before the fun in the snow began we had spent most of the morning huddled up reading books and playing in my bed to try to stay warm. Luckily, right as Addie and I were heading outside to clean off the car so we could leave our chilly home, the power came back on and all was well. Yay.
When we first went outside, Addie just walked around in the snow saying "This is tricky Mommy!" It was cute in her little voice...but I didn't catch it well on camera. Once she was used to the snow, she self entertained with a rice paddle and a baggie. The girl loves to fill things, empty them, and refill. Maybe we should have a yard full of sand!
We had a blast playing. We definitely overdressed though...I guess our Iowa winter gear is a little much for North Carolina. The snowman is still standing, but his face has melted off. Two whole days isn't bad for the south.
Snow! from Julie Berg on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ohhh I Love it! How Fun! This afternoon it was 86 degrees here! So nuts...
Oh and I love the idea of the Fancy Nancy Cupcake Party, might have to do that next year
That looks like so much fun! Addie looks so posh with her sunglasses on and that smirk on her face. :)
Watching things like that make me want to live where it snows... but then I remember how I can go outside in the middle of February in shorts and then I remember why I like the south!
that's cute.
What a great video. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun making that snowman.
Post a Comment