
I have to take a moment and document some things about this little boy I love so much. He is quickly approaching his second birthday and I feel like I've hardly documented anything other than his tremendous love for cars. Jack is perfectly happy when left alone in his little world of cars. I love walking through parking lots with him because he points to every single car we pass with excitement.
Jack's comfort object is a stuffed dog he found at my mother's house in the toy box. I had been unsuccessful in finding something he really latched onto until we were visiting my mother last year. Strange...he just loved this silly little dog. So the dog came with extra wear to begin with and it is looking really rough these days, even after a good bath. Jack still does the sign for dog (patting his leg with his hand) when he says dog. When he is really tired, he wants his dog and rubs his pointer finger on the LEFT BACK foot of the dog. Seriously...the other feet get no love. It's crazy to watch his little ritual when I sit him on my lap to read at night. He immediately grabs the left back foot with his left hand and rubs it with his right pointer finger. This is something I've been promising myself I would document for months - it's so strange to watch! I'm dreading the day something happens to the dog.
I am loving having a little boy. He is constantly running, jumping, climbing, throwing, digging...you name it. Sometimes I just close my eyes when he's doing something in fear of the outcome, but he almost always makes the jump or climb he's attempting. He can do just about anything he tries to do. So fun having a boy!


2 comments:
oooo I can't wait to have a little boy!
Not to mention he is SWEET! And a little spoiled too--but he deserves it. I like him lots.
Post a Comment