Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Living the Dream

Last Wednesday, Anthony got yet another email from a local realtor about a new house on the market. This one was different though. As he looked at it he thought, "Julie is going to want this house." Have I ever mentioned that I'm married to a very smart person? This story cannot properly be told without also explaining that we have been pursuing another property for over two months now. Anthony had good reasons not to forward the email...but HE DID!

And yay for me. Friday I saw the house twice, then we went back and made an offer on Saturday. I knew it was our house! We've been saving ideas for years, mostly from movies and magazines. Some of my favorites:

Something's Gotta Give
Something's Gotta Give
Father of the Bride
Home Alone

Give me white windowpanes, black shutters, bookshelves, and wood floors. Traditional, classic, whatever you want to call it. I didn't realize how stuck on these things I was until I started looking at houses. As luck would have it, after months of looking at "Old World Texas" architecture (whatever that is?) I found this:




With a little planning we hope to turn this:

Into something more like this:
Something's Gotta Give (Again!)
And my favorite part this summer will be...
I'm so very excited right now. We're closing May 28. My mom, sister, husband and many friends have had to hear me whining all of this year about not finding the house. They were all too fancy, too dark, too big, too something! I'm so grateful for this turn of events. I'll be holding my breath until closing!

18 comments:

Page said...

It is beautiful!! How exciting to have found your perfect home. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Serena said...

I love all the ideas you have! That movie has the best house. And I love your soon to be home!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Joe and Breana said...

Yay!! It is GORGEOUS!!!! It totally fits you guys! We can't wait to see it in person. We'll pray that everything goes well! We're happy you finally found what you wanted.

BandHGardner said...

Woo hoo! Good job, Berg, for not withholding information. I can't wait to come up and see it!

bcmagg said...

Congrats! It seems perfect for you guys!

Melissa Lasley said...

Wow! That is B-E-A-utiful!

Veronica Reeve said...

Julie, sooooo.....I read your blog and I just had to comment and take myself from blog lurker status to full on commentee. I hope me admission doesn't drive you to privatize your blog....anyhoo, the house is INCREDIBLE! I can tell you have incredible taste because I too love that Somethings Got To Give house...I just can't believe houses like that actually exist! Congrats on finding this gem!

Justin and Randi said...

Both of the libraries look identical. I'm glad you found the perfect home for you guys. All you are missing is the beach from the movie but the pool works. Have fun decorating it.

Em said...

And your bratty sister was there to tell you all the reasons she did not like the other houses! :)

Yes, this is THE one and I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to get into that pool!

Melissa Wilson said...

INSANE! I love it! How great that you've found it! We can't wait to see it! Just a few more weeks!

Woa, May 28th? Holy smokes, girl!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

It is beautiful Julie! Wow - I am jealous of those bookshelves and that amazing pool - and you still have lots of fun yard to play in. Good luck with all the moving. We close on our new house in two weeks and I haven't packed a single thing yet! Maybe I should be working on that instead of looking at blogs.

Kerri said...

You are living the Dream! What a beautiful home. LOoks like you can host some pretty awesome 4th of July partys there!

Lori said...

Ok! You definately need more books to fill all those book shelves! LOVE IT! It is practically perfect in every way! Congrats - and we are definately coming over to swim this summer!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Congrats! You and Anthony have always had great taste, can't wait to see the final decorating!

Kristi said...

I LOVE this house! Why don't they build houses like this in ID? Congrats. I hope everything comes through quickly and without hitches. Maybe we'll get to see it in person this fall:)

Waisath Family said...

Beautiful Julie! Can't wait to come visit and see it in person (I'm invited, right?) :) Good luck the next month. We were just through that. We didn't find the perfect house....I settled :( But hopefully we will in the next few years!

esmiley said...

LOVE IT! I need to bookmark this blog post to remind me what I like when I'm overwhelmed and house hunting in 3+ years.

Keri Hove said...

Wowwzerr!