Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a great 2010 Christmas. Once again I am calling it our best ever. The kids were so fun, we had great company with our friends, the Gardners, and it was really a relaxing holiday. I'm excited to be into 2011, working on my reading list for the year, looking forward to summer swimming...so much ahead!

Just a few picture to document our Christmas:


The halls were decked, stockings hung, Christmas tunes playing...


We had Turkey a la National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...the only person who ate it was Anthony who insisted on some meat on his Christmas dinner plate! Anthony and Brent were so excited to fry something that I guess they forgot to check on it. The bird was over cooked by at least 30 minutes. Luckily the side dish I made was a big macaroni and cheese instead of potatoes. Otherwise, potatoes would have been our main dish!


Cute boys sitting at their table just waiting for some food.


The Christmas Story, finger puppet style.


After opening their Christmas PJs, the kids watched Polar Express.


The Christmas morning discovery process was fun, as always.


Two of Addie's favorite presents were her Ariel necklace (the one that sings ahhahhhAHHH ahahahhahhhaahhhhhhhh) and Hello Kitty chapstick. It's always the little things!


Strait to the table to paint a wooden jewelry box.


And crazy Jack enjoying his trains, cars, and a cowboy hat.

It was a great time for everyone! We felt very blessed to have our healthy happy children to enjoy Christmas with. After a month of trying to keep Christmas as simple and hassle free as possible, I also enjoyed relaxing on the actual holiday. Very nice!

Now we have hit the ground running...next week we will begin work on our kitchen, which the people we've hired say will not take long. We'll see if that's true. Either way we are excited to see the finished product!





4 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

What could you possibly be doing in that beautiful kitchen?!

Veronica Reeve said...

...oh and so fun to see the Gardners! What beautiful children you both have!!

BandHGardner said...

I love how Anthony ALWAYS gets the best shots of me! :) You guys are going to have years of Christmas photos with me making awkward faces. ha ha ha ha. Christmas was fun this year!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Sorry about the turkey! What a great story and memories made. I have always loved your decorating style, love your living room. Happy New Year!