Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Big Girl

 
 
We finally got to the doctor today to check out the goopy eye and found out this girl weights 14 lbs, 7 oz. She's no small bird. Like I said, I think she's trying to help me out in the weight department. Fine by me. Chubby babies are much more accepted than chubby women.

Seems like every time I am up at the hospital with Adeline, we get to see Anthony. It also seems like every time we're there he wants me to take the baby up to see one of his colleagues. Because of this, I wanted to make sure I looked nice today so I dressed up a bit and wore slacks and high heels. I looked pretty cute, only Anthony could not get out of surgery so it was pointless. I really felt stupid for doing it after strolling through the mall in these shoes. My feet have not worn heels since...May? April maybe? Anyway, I could feel it today. I was determined to make one "lap" around the mall, so by the time I got to my car I thought I would never walk again. Beauty can be so painful.

In all my wisdom of motherhood (or just common sense?) I reprogrammed the heater yesterday. I actually hadn't turned it on officially despite the fact that we've already had freezing weather. So, either way, I set the heater to turn on at 4:15 in the morning. Amazingly, Adeline did not wake up at 5 this morning. Hmmm...maybe the 64 degree temperature in her room was a problem?? We'll see if this is an ongoing trend. Last night she went to bed at 9:30 and was up at 7:20 this morning. Not too shabby. Posted by Picasa

No comments: