Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wee Hours of the Morn

My baby sleep book says that three to four month old babies tend to wake up around 5 a.m. and play for an hour or so. Then they fall back asleep. I'm not sure if this is what happened this morning or not, but after weeks of a waketime between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m., she was up at 5:30 today. Now, thinking back, I had the monitor sound on last night which I don't normally do. For some strange reason when Anthony is gone for the night, I find extra security in turning the monitor sound up. When he is here, he doesn't even so much as stir when she cries anyway so I'm not sure where I draw the need for extra sound when he's gone. Maybe she has been waking up and playing at 5 a.m. for a while I and just slept right through it? Either way, she was up way early today.

Now this all knowing book says that if I get up and feed her at 5:30 a.m. that this will become her normal wake time. It does not, however, offer ideas of what else I'm suppose to do. My experience so far has shown that after she has slept for 8 plus hours in a row, she is likely to get very upset when she's not fed. Further, I was completely disarmed by her cuteness. If 5:30 a.m. is a play time, I'm not sure I want to miss it. I don't know how she switched so quickly from what I awoke to as a cry to the sweet playful thing I found when I got in the room. She was just laughing and kicking all over the place. Just the cutest thing I've ever seen. So, oh wise sleep book...I'm suppose to just turn the lights off and go back to bed?

No comments: