Sunday, October 29, 2006

Shopping in Des Moines

 
 
I never thought I would drive 2 hours to Des Moines, Ia just to get my shopping fix. If you'd told me I'd be doing that 4 years ago I never would have believed you. But alas, we did drive to Des Moines yesterday to get out of town for a while. Anthony hasn't left Iowa City since May and he was itching to go somewhere so we went to Des Moines and met some friends for lunch.

On the way back she started pitching a fit after we'd been on the road. When we stopped to get our Sonic fix, I jumped in the back with her to keep her happy for the drive. I quickly realized that was not necessary. Once we were back on the highway I could see that she was crying because the sun was in her eyes. I forgot that driving east as the sun sets in Iowa meant she would have it right in her face. That's because there is NOTHING to block the sun. NOTHING. So once I shaded her she crashed and I was stuck sitting in our uncomfortable back seat for the rest of the ride. Either way, it was a fun day.

I've found a new way to get Anthony to leave stores that I think are boring. We went into the Apple store at the mall and he was showing me all the things he likes. As soon as I start saying, "Okay, let's buy one..." he is ready to go. By the time I got to "Why don't we just buy everything you want in here today" he was dragging me by the arm. It's almost too easy! These pics are Addie at the mall. She rarely looks right at the camera and smiles, so I really liked that one. Posted by Picasa

No comments: