Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy News!

I have not quit blogging, we've just been busy with some difficult things and I couldn't think straight enough to blog. Good news is on the horizon though! Anthony got an offer today for a Pain Management fellowship in Winston-Salem, NC. We really wanted to go there and have been waiting for the offer while we were in the middle of a family crisis so it was a much needed good day. We have friends there, which makes the deal even sweeter. I've heard it is beautiful there. I also hear that I may want to stock up on furniture while I'm there which I really have no problem with! :)

I was teasing Anthony tonight that he was moving me further away from my parents so we looked it up on Google maps. I was actually wrong. Winston-Salem is actually 1 mile closer to Pearland than Iowa City is. Progress!

I'll break out the camera and post some more this week sometime.

6 comments:

LCFrohm said...

Hey Jules!!
Congrats on Wake!!!
I hope ya'll have a great year there. Just make it through this last year in Iowa, and things will be great. Now an even bigger reason for us to come visit.
Hope everything is going okay with your family. I hate to hear you're in "a crisis".
Love ya!
Lins

Melissa Wilson said...

How funny, 1 mile closer! What is one mile on an airplane ride though??? Well, we are sad that you aren't coming to L-town but we're glad you found a place to be excited about! Congrats! (Soon Anthony can get his sailboat :)

Texas Blad's said...

Sounds great! NC looks cool, we've thought it would be a fun place to live, I bet you guys will love it.

BandHGardner said...

Can't have an argument without pulling out trusty ol' google! I miss that! :)

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Wish we could go out to celebrate with you.

Shaela said...

Congratulations! That is great, how exciting to be one step closer to the end! Good Luck! I hear it is very pretty there.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Glad there could be some sunshine for you guys right now!