.jpg)
.jpg)
I couldn't resist the title, but this is seriously what our week has been about! :)
Addie and I traveled back from Texas on New Year's Day, from warm 70 degree weather to a frosty 8, yes folks... 8 little ol' degrees. Thankfully it is in the 40s right now and we are thawing out a bit for the next 24 hours before we get more snow!
The scramble to recover from a never ending cold for me, a new cold for Addie, and a day of travel was complicated by the very exciting Iowa Caucuses this past Thursday night. I've posted the only picture Anthony got. It's kinda hard to see what's going on, but at the moment the man standing next to me was explaining why he was supporting John McCain (no comment) and I am looking so in charge there with my hand on my hip. I seriously never realize that my hand is on my hip, but this is not the first time I've gotten pictures back from an event I was in charge of where my hand is on my hip. Yick...I'm one of "those" hand-on-hip people.
Back to the politics...we had a great night. I was the chairperson for my precinct, so I was running the show. The turnout was twice my expectation, but not as bad as I heard others got. At least people showed up early & everyone was checked in by 7 so I could close the doors. It was a lot of fun and I was very happy to see my candidate (Romney) win my caucus as well as my county where we've been active supporters! I was very sad and frustrated to see that Huck beat Romney, but I'm still optimistic that Americans will wise up to the idea of nominating a "nice guy" who is also qualified for the job of leading the free world. (Please remember that any nasty anonymous comments will be removed prior to public enjoyment so keep them to yourself.) That's where I'll stop...Oh, and I am now a county delegate which is just the first step of 3 in getting to the National GOP Convention so that's kinda cool too.
As for the puppets...Really, we went to see a puppet show today and I'm not just poking fun at the politicians. It was "The Practically Perfect Frog Prince" and it was put on by a group of children at the library. It was pretty cute. The frog puppets kinda freaked Addie out now and then, but she enjoyed dancing to the music. The princess was Princess Adeline, so I think she recognized that her name was said a few times (no, we do not call her Princess Adeline...just Adeline!)
Addie seems to have had a switch flipped this week. Maybe it has something to do with being away from home for a few weeks or being sick and starting to feel better. She is truly into everything! It's so funny. After playing with Tiger, my mother's dog, she now now actually plays with her toy dog stuffed animals like they are dogs. She pets them, makes them walk, etc. So funny. Yesterday morning I was putting my makeup on in the floor of my room so that she could play around near me. She sat down in my lap, reached into my bag, pulled out the eyelash curler, and started pretending to curl her lashes!! So funny. I'd better watch it with this little copy cat!
Sorry about the not so great pictures. I left the cord to my camera in Texas so these are both taken with the iPhone.


13 comments:
Julie,
Boo for Huckabee! Way to be in charge with your hand on your hip! I love it!
And what's this 162 days to go with a baby??? Congrats!
No ugly comments, here...I agree with ya. I put one of those countdowns on my blog once and Luke made me take it down b/c he thought it was freaky lookin. I like it!
I'm just impressed that you have time and are so determined to be involved in politics, Ju- We should all be more involved- Good for you!!
I am so politics dumb... I am not sure what half of the stuff was you were talking about, but it sounds like you are in charge of some pretty cool stuff. Good for you. Keep it up!!
Congratulations on the baby! What is your actual due date? I think you are a few weeks ahead of me.
Hi Julie- I just have to tell you that I always check your blog because I seriously think Addie is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen in my life!! You and Anthony did good work with her!
Morgan hopkins- now crabtree :)
Due date is June 16th...two weeks before we move to North Carolina! :)
Congratulations on baby #2!
I like the new look!
OH MY GOODNESS! Congrats! I am SOOOO SOOO happy for you. Another BABY! Hooray for the Bergs! Maybe baby will make it in time for your birthday! WhooHoo! Love you!
congrats on both the babies. your little girl is really cute. james wishes he had more time to be more politically involved. glad to see y'all are doing good. we love to catch up on aggie friends. check out our page www.thecarruths.org
Congrats on all the new happenings for you. I love the baby count down (just put one up too) but am betting I'll get the creepy comments from Michael too. Congrats Julie!
love, jamie jolley
Post a Comment