Thursday, February 14, 2008

Brain Freeze

All the cold weather here is getting to my brain, so I thought I'd petition my brilliant friends for book suggestions. We go to the library almost once a week and I'm stumped on what to check out for myself. I've picked a few disappointments lately. Suggestions??

7 comments:

LCFrohm said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Hope your day is filled with love.
Lindsay

BandHGardner said...

OOH OOH OOH! The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It's full of twists and turns. You will LOVE it.

Also, Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza.

Enjoy your reads!

H.

Lori said...

So I just picked up the first book of the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer. All my friends are crazy about these vampire books and can't talk about anything else lately. So read on as I will. :-)

The Waisath's said...

Well, from the sounds of your previous post, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" sounds like a must. You need to figure out what Anthony meant...
But, really...I'm not the one to ask, But I know the book group here is reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (Kite Runner). Just heard it's great! It's about the life of women in Afganistan. "Hard to put down, it's so well written." Also have a friend who loves the "Twilight" series as previously mentioned. She said it will make you dummer, but it's a fun read...Happy Valentines Day & Happy Reading!

Candice said...

Okay, so I totally was snooping at your blog today and was so glad that someone else was going through the same dilemma. My favorite books (that I remember) are 1. These is My Words; 2. The Other Boleyn Sister (My love of European History overlooked the riskay parts); 3. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.
Hyrum and I also love boggle and rook, the Bylunds are the only ones lucky enough to have heard our official boggle chant!

The Wife said...

- Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright
- A Woman of Independent Means by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey
- Three Weeks with my Brother by Nicolas Sparks
- The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo
-Girl of Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland

We go to the library a lot....no cable. :)

I just started reading Twilight today. I've heard lots of good things about this series too.

Chris enjoyed both Kite Runner and Thousand Splendid Suns.

The Waisath's said...

I'm back looking at other's suggestions and have a couple that I can alos add...I loved all the Nicolas Sparks books I've read (A bend in the road..Message in a bottle). Also loved Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. What are you reading now? Hope it's warming up for you guys!!