Adeline cut both bottom teeth this week. She's been pretty needy about it, but she won't mind being able to sink her teeth into food soon I'm sure. In celebration of the new teeth, we let her try out a glazed donut today. Yeah right, this is a frozen bagel that she likes to chew on. It looked like a donut in the picture though, so I had to at least throw it out there. With the new teeth some new expressions have arrived, mostly involving the tongue, and new noises. I got a few "la la las" and "ba ba bas" today. I use to think it was ridiculous for anyone to take note of the fact that their kids were using consonants, but I've read that babies much younger than her can do it so I was starting to brace myself for speech lessons. Phew! Good thing we got that milestone out of the way.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Eating is Better With Teeth
Adeline cut both bottom teeth this week. She's been pretty needy about it, but she won't mind being able to sink her teeth into food soon I'm sure. In celebration of the new teeth, we let her try out a glazed donut today. Yeah right, this is a frozen bagel that she likes to chew on. It looked like a donut in the picture though, so I had to at least throw it out there. With the new teeth some new expressions have arrived, mostly involving the tongue, and new noises. I got a few "la la las" and "ba ba bas" today. I use to think it was ridiculous for anyone to take note of the fact that their kids were using consonants, but I've read that babies much younger than her can do it so I was starting to brace myself for speech lessons. Phew! Good thing we got that milestone out of the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, I had just prepared my morning bagel, spread some brummel and brown on it, thought of you and made them "kiss", then I sat down and opened up this pic of addie eating a bagel too! Someday you will have to teach her the importance of the "kiss" step.
Eating with teeth opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
Post a Comment