Thursday, March 15, 2007

First Time for Everything

I ventured out on Wednesday for the first time with Addie in the stroller and Simon on the leash (for those of you who may not know...Simon is a dog, not an older child.) It could have been a disaster since everyone and their dog (Ha!) was out enjoying the sunshine which usually provokes Simon into a lot of barking and chasing. It went really well. Simon exhausted himself pulling us for about 3/4 of the trip. Then at the end he just tried to walk fast enough with his little tongue wagging to stay out of the wheel path. Addie really enjoyed watching him run ahead though so we'll definitely be doing it again. She just held onto her chubby feet in the air and cooed.

On Tuesday as I was changing Addie's disgusting diaper, for the first time ever...she reached her sweet little hand down and grabbed the yucky diaper. I was barely keeping everything contained as it was and then she did that. All I could do was laugh. Luckily this was her pre-bath diaper change, so we were on our way out of those clothes anyway. I'd heard this would one day happen...

This week I had to turn on our air conditioner for the first time in about six months. This led to a really intelligent conversation between Anthony and I. Last week we got a new furnace. The big green metal box that had previously occupied space in our utility room was replaced with a small shiny metal box that was about half the size. The only other thing you can see near the unit is the ductwork. When I saw it, I halfway wondered to myself, "Where is the air conditioner?" I quickly moved on to another thought assuming that the nice man who replaced the furnace would have let me know if he took my air conditioner.

Yes, the air conditioner did turn on when I ran it this week so that was all good. It was just funny when I mentioned to Anthony that it got hot enough to turn it on because he looked at me and said, "Did it work?" I smiled and said, "Ha! You were wondering where it was too!!" We both enjoyed a little laugh over our how clueless we were and decided it's all fine as long as that invisible air conditioner can cool the house. :)

1 comment:

Shaela said...

you guys crack me up...
thanks for the laugh.