Some things I remember from the trip:
We drove through Peoria (where the Shroeders just moved.) I thought it was very pretty from the road. :) I was actually very jealous of the boaters on the river who were NOT recovering from surgery in an RV as they moved their family across the country. I recall really wanting to be them. Random, I know.
We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for dinner & I had no idea where we were. (Let me preface that we stopped here solely because I said Addie would eat well there, which she totally did not. I on the other hand felt very sick after the meal!) All of the rocking chairs in front of the restaurant were full of people who were just hanging out and these were very STRANGE looking people. I turned to my dad and asked where we were...his reply, "Kentucky." It all made sense then.
We slept somewhere in West Virginia and the drive was really pretty that next morning. It was even bumpier because of the windy roads and mountains...but very pretty. Unfortunately, I did not get to witness any West Virginians in person. Too bad, I was curious.
That's mostly what I recall...I was sleeping or feeding the baby for the rest of the time. My meds tend to scramble my brain a bit too, so I'm sure I saw more than this and just can't remember! Here's what Nana captured of the trip with her iPhone.
So, there is a little update on our little adventure. Things are quieting down some here. I'm slowly whittling through the last of the boxes (the ones we've decided to actually open.) We definitely miss our friends in Iowa City. It would be so nice for miss Addie to have some friends to play with...so I'm working on finding some playgroups for her. She's been a champ about all of the changes though and she is CRAZY about "Baby Gack!" More photos of that to come!


5 comments:
Hooray! I'm glad you guys made it. I knew your parents were coming, but I didn't realize you'd be in an RV! I bet Addie loved it. We're working on finding some playmates around here too...let me know if you have any good pointers.
Yay for new pictures of 'Gack' and Addie! He is adorable, with those big cheeks and cute hair! I'm SOO glad that your trip is done and you can heal in a new home. We said many a prayers for ya'll. Can't wait to see/hear about stories of Addie being an awesome big sister!
Yeah, you made it! I have been wondering if you've made the move and how things are going. I hope you recover quickly and enjoy your new surroundings. Ask around at church, if you meet a Raquel Sampson, give her a big hug for me and I'll tell her to do the same to you! You are both two of my absolute favorites!!
It's so nice to hear you guys are made it to NC and are slowly adjusting to the many changes the move and new baby have placed in your path. Every time we drive by the yellow barn I think of you guys and wonder how you are and am always so sad when I realize you're gone, not just for another short vacation. (By the way, ya gotta love Kentucky - you never know what you're going to stumble upon - we loved it there amidst all the backwoods quirks.) Miss ya.
Wow! Glad you guys made it to NC. I'm also glad you were able to take the trip in an RV. Yeah for awesome parents! :) Have fun settling in.
Post a Comment