I started to type out the long version, but it was too long. Short version: House got real hot, AC got REAL loud, new AC ordered, man came to install it, major storm hit at the same time, power went out, stayed out, cell phone was out of charge, loaded hot babies (pulled out of their beds) into the car and drove circles trying to figure out what to do, hotels were all full, eventually Anthony got a friend to drive over, we followed her back to her house, got to bed around midnight, spent 2 days mooching off of friends, 3 of us living in one room for 2 days, late night feedings and diaper changes in the dark with a 2 yr old, AC got fixed, house cooled down, YEAH!!!
Anthony comes home to join in the fun tomorrow.
Today Addie was cradling her baby doll in her arms, walking, and swaying from side to side while trying to put Jack's pacifier in the baby's mouth and saying "Try it, you'll like it." Unfortunately, Jack is not as in love with his paci as I might like so I may have said this statement a few times. :)
Other new "statements" include "Stop it", "Don't do that", and "I don't want to."
Some random/recent pictures of my cuties who have endured the insanity so much better than I ever could have imagined:

4 comments:
Oh Julie! What a week, I can imagine the fun memories you'll have of this. Thank goodness Anthony is coming 'home' tomorrow!!! Addie is so cute, and Jack is so sweet. You are an awesome Mom for being able to endure all the heat and no power and moving around like you do! You deserve to go get a mani pedi for sure :) Hopefully the next blog will be a big sigh of relief and stories of Anthony being there!
I'm so sorry to hear the ordeal you've been through. What a mess! I'm glad you're back home, though, and that Anthony will be joining you.
Your kids are adorable, by the way. Like Jack, our little Thomas would not take the pacifier for a long time. I grew tired of being his human pacifier so Mark decided to dip his paci in strawberry Gatorade. It worked very well.
I hope this is a much better week for you!
I am sorry you've had a crazy week. I hope things will be picture perfect for Jack's blessing!
You always have people around you to help you out! It is because you guys are so great! I miss you and wish we were close enough to help!
Post a Comment