Last year I did a list of "Ten Random Things I LoVe" in honor of Valentine's Day. I thought I'd do it again this year...maybe make a new tradition of it. It's good timing too, because I keep getting tagged like crazy to do the "25 Random Things" survey on Facebook and there just aren't 25 things. On to the list - oh, and please remember that I do love my husband and kids first and foremost, but that's not random. :)
1. Lately I love Swedish Fish. Apparently one of Addie's nursery teachers loves them too, because she's come home from church with them a few times this year which is why I've even remembered how delicious they are. Nothing sticks to your teeth like a good Swedish Fish. I can't even eat one without considering my dentist.
2. I love that it is February and I am hearing birds outside. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in Iowa until April. The warmer weather in February is just what I've been needing.
3. I love having a good babysitting network. I was not very about getting sitters until this year. If you don't have regular sitters and you think you are okay with it...try, try again. It's like I didn't even know I was sitting in the dark until someone turned the lights on.
4. I love running. Sometimes, in the middle of a cold spell in January I forget that I love it and seem to loath the very idea of getting out and running. Then a week of amazing weather comes like this week and I remember how much I love it and nothing really holds a candle to it!
5. I've already mentioned this once this month, but I really love having a two year old with an ever expanding vocabulary. Last night, after singing "I Am a Child of God" with Addie at bedtime (which she knows every word to and sings pretty much all day long) I started to walk out and she asked me to stay. Then she asked me to sing "I'm A Child God Home" (no idea why she can't kick calling it this) again. I told her she could sing it to herself after I left and she said, "I forgot the words! You sing to me." Very clever. Maybe soon she'll remember NOT to sing the song word-for-word right before claiming to not know the words?
6. Organization. Love it. Need it. Don't have it right now. This probably explains why my head hurts at some point every day. I'm definitely reaping the rewards of halfway unpacking myself in this house and it's not pretty. The blank slate on my blog makes me feel like something is clutter free.
7. I love to travel. I just have this need to have a trip planned somewhere in the future at all times. It feels so good just thinking, "well, we when we go to XYZ we can do this...or I'll need these shoes for my trip to..." Love it. :)
8. I love cooking to match the changing seasons. Asparagus and lemon are on my mind right now. I cook with and eat both all year, but for some reason I'm craving them this week with our 65 degree sunshine days. Wierd, I know.
9. This one's for Holly - I love Facebook. There, I said it. They have word games (last year's love list) and it's pretty cool that I have been able to catch up with so many friends from highschool (or earlier) and see how their lives have turned out. I'm not saying I hang out there every day and say "how r u?" and "you look just as gorgeous as ever" to people I haven't seen in 12 year (why does everyone say that?)...I just think the connection part is pretty amazing.
10. I love grass green. Yesterday I bought a new grass green t-shirt and 3/4 sleeve cardigan. I think that may put me at 10 tops in that color...but they are all different styles and serve different purposes so it's okay.
I tag...well, I started to make a list but it got long. Anyone who wants to do a fun Valentine's post can copy this idea! Leave me a comment if you do so I can see what your list looks like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I enjoyed reading your love list! It was cute. I took your idea and did one too. Thanks! Happy Valentine's Day!
Hey, Facebook isn't inherently bad. I just hate how all the silly little boys and girls use it/abuse it. I'm glad you've found joy in connecting with old friends. Brent likes that aspect of it too. However, if you did use it to write "ur so freakin' legit!" or "ur lookin' hott." then, I'd probably have to put you in the category of all the dumb Facebook users.
It has really helped. He still spits up, but nothing compared to what he was doing. Give it a try. Your clothes and your husband will love you for it:)
Post a Comment