In light of the news coverage of the 900 Billion dollar bailout I watched during this morning's workout, here's a quote that's hard to argue with:
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931-2005
The damage of this is already happening as people who have money are starting to hang onto it instead of spending, creating, taking entrepreneurial risks, etc. in preparation for the higher taxes and legislation ahead. So, so sad.
Thanks Dave for the email!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Thanks for sharing that. I think I need to be more in-tune to what is going on.
Oh Julie, Now I understand what you meant when Dave got you started. I completely agree with this quote and am anxious to see what 'change' will come to pass with the new presidential term. As of late, I've heard we will no longer need to worry about the digital tv switch over. We've got 4 more months to do that. I'm glad our president thinks people need TV more than so many other things.
No joke...I am a bit nervous especially since I have been listening to Hannity and others on our local news radio...
That quote is perfect! Too bad others don't agree. :(
Great post!
I'm in a nest of Democrats here at work, and I sent the quote to them as well, and their response was:
"Sounds like your typical right-wing Southern Baptist!"
Ugh! Oh, and to make it worse, I overheard one of the very left-wing co-workers of mine saying to another co-worker, in response to mocking global warming:
"You know, global warming doesn't necessarily mean the world is getting warmer! It means the climate is changing. Global changing!"
I about threw my computer at her head.
I couldn't agree more! I loved that quote, I even called my dad and read it to him! I am currently watching the dems try to pass the new stimulus pckg. Yikes!
Great quote. I'm trying to be optimistic about things, but it's not easy with Pelosi, Reid, and Obama at the helm. . .
Post a Comment