Anthony is in the SICU this month, which means he is really busy but also has random days off. Soooo, we took advantage and went to City Park yesterday afternoon. The weather has been so nice and it is suppose to warm up this weekend so we are trying to enjoy it. City Park is actually one of my favorite parks in Iowa City because of the river running through it and large Weeping Willow trees, but oddly enough it also has some mini-carnival rides. I never really noticed because I didn't have any children to entertain, but you can ride several different rides for a mere 75 cents each. I actually think the majority of them would scare my children more than entertain, but there is a train that is pretty cool so Anthony took Addie for a ride. She liked the wind blowing in her hair and seemed to enjoy it. I stood back so that I could get pictures.
The whole time I just couldn't stop wondering why this guy in the red shirt driving the train (who looks to be maybe 35-40) didn't have anything better to do with his time than operate sub-par carny rides at a city park. At first glance I totally judged him, but then I wondered what it might be like to not be concerned about paying bills, climbing the corporate ladder (there was a ferris wheel he could climb, but only about 15 feet tall), cleaning my house to perfection, retirement planning, and all of the other "stuff" Anthony and I keep ourselves busy with. I guess it takes all kinds. Even when Anthony got off the train, the first thing he asked me was if I got a picture of the carny. I guess it's a good thing we are the same "kind!"



No comments:
Post a Comment