
We decided recently that Addie is getting to the age where we need to be more proactive about helping her be quiet in church, so Anthony went out this week and bought her some church books. One of them is called "Jesus Loves Me" and it is made from this cool brightly colored foam with shiny paper glued on top of it containing the illustrations and stories. Addie loves this book, but for all the wrong reasons.
Today I broke it out during the sacrament and she immediately put it in her mouth. While I seldom encourage eating books, I figured the reverence result had been achieved so mission accomplished. Then Addie realized that if she rubbed her teeth on the book just so it made a fun squeaking noise. So she would make the book squeak, take it out of her mouth to look at it, and laugh. Over and over. Hmmmm... Well she was at least occupied for a while and she knows she likes "reading" about Jesus so I guess we are on the right track.
On a completely non-religious note, here we have a photo that Anthony took of Addie outside a Mexican (oh so good) restaurant. He is trying to get her barefooted self to sit still on this nasty public bench which is set right beside the door to the restaurant where people are going in and out. I should also mention that below the nasty bench is concrete. Oh, yes, and she started crawling this week so getting her to sit still on a nasty bench in an interesting public place is entirely unlikely. Now I realize that many a father does things with their children that mothers would never do because of "danger" or "germs" and it's good for the kids to try new things and that's why you need moms and dads to expose kids to different stuff and bla bla bla...What I'm wondering is why Anthony feels the need to capture such moments on camera?


No comments:
Post a Comment