Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blowing Rock

We went to Blowing Rock, NC this weekend for some relaxation and cool weather. It was GREAT. Serena came into town last Wednesday so she and Maggie were hanging with us too. Addie is obsessed with Maggie and Serena has been super patient in letting my 2 year old smother her baby.

Here we are sitting on top of the actual blowing rock. There is a story. It's long and American Indian and you can find it online if you are reeeeeeally interested.

Good thing big hair is always cool in the south. :) Going to the hairdresser SATURDAY and after six months of not loosing a single strand I have finally started losing a few here and there so maybe my fro will chill in a few months.


Anthony, Addie and Serena went on a hike to some waterfalls. The hike got a lot longer than anticipated and Addie ended up getting a nice long ride on Anthony's shoulders. Needless to say, Anthony got his workout in for the year.


Jack was just about this cute all weekend. :)


Serena, Maggie and Addie with one of the waterfalls. Apparently every time they reached a hill or some kind of milestone, Addie would throw her arms up and shout "We did it!!" If only I could have her cheer for me like that when she's in the jogging stroller. Instead all I hear is "out?", "Addie walk?", and "go home??"

Addie chilling on the fall display in downtown Blowing Rock. Downtown Blowing Rock was really cute. We enjoyed the shops and their great park tremendously! We had Jack and Maggie in the double stroller and Addie on her stylish teddy bear leash. People were constantly stopping to see the children and more than one acknowledged that she thought all three were mine. Yikes, a 3 month old, and 8 month old, and a 2 year old. Yikes.


If we'd thought to have Addie turn for the picture, this would have been really cute.
Serena, Maggie and Addie sitting on the blowing rock.

Addie and Anthony had a good time making pizza for dinner on Saturday night. Did I mention we had a good time? It was really fun. I need to get a picture of all three cousins on the couch tomorrow...hopefully I won't forget in the madness, and boy do we have some now and then. Dinner time with these three is very noisy!

6 comments:

Shaela said...

How fun to have a visitor! Sounds like you had a great time. Cute pictures!

Melissa Wilson said...

It looks like you had a great time! I don't think Jack could be ANY cuter! I can't wait to meet him, until then, we will have to iChat more often!

Joebob's Jibber Jabber said...

did you say addie has a leash? Have yall become those types of parents?

Lori said...

What a fun way to spend time together! Looks like a beautiful part of the country. Glad you are getting out and about around NC while you are there!

:-) Now come visit Dallas, will ya!?!?!?

The Schroeder Family said...

What great pictures. Looks like a ton of fun. I'm always saying to Nate - "we should go on vcaation"...to which he says something like "Grant is too little"...and I reply "the Bergs did it and they have a little baby". Jack is so cute!

Serena said...

Julie we had so much fun!! That stinkin post took me forever to do. I tried to get everything but still forgot some stuff. I miss Addie and her 'Oh Maggie'. She is so stinkin cute! Oh and don't forget to send me those recipes. I won't need them for this weekend but I do want to try them.