Addie's excitement over her big girl bed has translated into general excitement over anything about the morning. She has rekindled her old habit of ending most of her sentences with "in the morning" and instead of saying hello to people she says "goodmorning!" She says "goodmorning" with so much enthusiasm that it's hard not to feel like you could start your day over right even if it's 5 p.m. Yesterday there was a little girl playing in her yard two doors down. Addie just stood on the fence watching her and after much prodding from me she shouted a "goodmorning" to her. Thank goodness the girl was sweet enough to yell "hi" back and make Addie's day.
Since changing beds, Addie does wake up a little earlier than she use to which is really fine since I'm up with this little guy anyway. I have still been waking Jack up at 10 p.m. to feed him so that he'd sleep until 7 a.m. By this time, Addie had been sleeping 12 hours but it wasn't all falling into place as easily with Jack. All of that changed on Monday night when Anthony and I went in to wake him up for the 10 p.m. feeding. He just smiled the biggest smile at both of us, then he refused to eat, then he smiled some more. Totally unnerved, I put him back in bed and he fell back to sleep until 7:30 a.m. Crazy. He's repeated it for the rest of the week. So now he gets the "easy baby" award. Sorry Addie.


2 comments:
Hooray for Jack! Don't you just love getting 12 hours of no interruptions? He is a cutie! And oh that Addie . . . seems like she is officially a morning person now!
Wow how big your children are getting! Jack is so cute! I love your hair you are looking great (but I guess you always do!) Sounds like you are doing well in NC.
Post a Comment